CHECK OUT OUR VIDEOS - they might just answer your questions! Watch Product Videos
Need a FastFerment Manual? Download it Here
1. Where is my Hose Barb?
Your hose barb is now located in the valve box, it's the same colour as the valve. The white one in the picture is an old model.
2. Does it need to be covered or can it be left under fluorescent lighting?
The vessel is made from White HDPE Plastic. It keeps 90% of all light out but in order to keep 100% of the light out, the vessel needs to be covered in a non-transparent sheet/cover. The 90% compared to the 100% will not result in much better quality product; only slightly better. The system works without covering it.
3. What do I do with the Thermowell hole that isn't drilled out?
After extensive research, we found that most people interested in the 3 Gallon FastFerment were not interested in a Thermowell. They wanted to have a lower MSRP. However, for those who want a Thermowell, we have a thermowell kit coming out in the Spring. Buy any of the below and drill it out with 1/2" drill bit to fit the sample port in. *Note the drill bit will drill a tiny bit into this place piece you screw in and that is fine as it stabilizes the bit.
4. Bottom collection ball volume?
Comes with 4oz Mason Jar can also use an 8oz Mason Jar
5. What is the max volume of the vessel?
The max volume is 3 US Gallons / 11.3 Litres including the 4oz / 118ml Mason Jar
6. Would there be enough headspace to not need a blow off tube if I only made one gallon batches?
There is enough headspace - no blowoff tube needed
7. Can I use the wall mounts from the 7.9G FastFerment for the 3G?
No, there are no bolts built into the 3G FastFerment to hang it on wall mounts.
8. Where should I install the sample port on the 3G FastFerment?
3" below the 1 Litre mark.